TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Terms and Conditions listed below, apply when submitting an application under the Britax Safe-n-Sound Crash Exchange Program.
The Britax Safe-n-Sound Crash Exchange Program is open to all Australian and New Zealand residents who have purchased a Britax Safe-n-Sound child restraint in Australia or New Zealand within the last 10 years or less.
- This voluntary exchange program is being conducted at the sole discretion of Britax Childcare Pty Ltd Australia/NZ.
- Submitting an application to this program does not automatically result in an exchange.
- Upon review of the crash circumstances in combination with all the requested supporting documentation, Britax will determine if an exchange is warranted based on the program criteria.
- Restraints are eligible for exchange if they have been involved in a severe crash in Australia or New Zealand and meet all stated criteria. (A severe crash is considered as being one where the main body structure of the vehicle is distorted).
- The Britax Safe-n-Sound child safety restraints that are available for exchange under this program, include all Convertible Restraints, Forward-Facing Restraints, Convertible Booster Seats, Booster Seats *, Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity™ ISOFIX baby capsule and Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity NEOS™ baby capsule.
*Booster Cushions and child harnesses are not eligible. Infant restraints used for commercial use or hire are not eligible.
- Restraints that are not branded Britax Safe-n-Sound or including restraints with branding from Britax sister companies in other countries (such as Britax Romer or Britax) are not eligible for exchange. Only restraints branded Britax Safe-n-Sound are eligible for exchange.
- The original purchase of restraint must be made within the last 10 years or less and an original proof of purchase must be submitted as evidence when applying for an exchange.
- Restraints purchased second hand are not eligible for exchange.
- All required documentation (including scanned originals of supporting documentation), must be submitted via email as part of the request for exchange validation purposes.
- The mandatory support documentation to be included in the application is:
- Name, address and contact details;
- Original Receipt/Proof of Purchase
- Clear photograph/s of vehicle after road crash;
- Clear photograph/s of crashed child restraint;
- Detailed description of crash;
- Official Police Report;
- Copy of vehicle repairers detailed assessment;
- Restraint details (serial number and manufacturing date).
Applications that include all of the above documentation must be submitted online.
- Completed applications must be submitted to Britax within 28 days of the road crash in order to be eligible for the Crash Exchange Program.
- The date of the crash will be deemed as the date stated on the Vehicle Repairers Assessment or the Police Report.
- Applications received after this 28 day period are not eligible for the Crash Exchange program and will not be considered.
- The affected seat (crashed restraint) will be required for testing and evaluation and must be available for return to Britax Childcare Pty Ltd.
- The request to return the crashed restraint will be made by Britax after confirmed receipt of all of the above documentation.
- Britax will arrange collection of the crashed restraint.
- If an application meets all above criteria and is approved, a replacement child restraint will be issued within 28 days of receiving documentation and the crashed restraint.
- A suitable replacement will consist of a restraint of similar value and features to the crashed restraint. The choice of the replacement will be determined by Britax and is not negotiable. Britax will arrange delivery of the replacement restraint (via post).
- Britax is not responsible for any lost, misdirected or damaged goods.
- The Britax Safe-n-Sound Crash Exchange Program is not to be used in addition to an insurance claim. Some insurance companies may offer car insurance which covers or partially cover the replacement of a child restraint. Please contact your relevant insurance company for further details. The insurance company may require that a crashed restraint be retained for their assessment purposes, which must be considered if applying for the Britax Safe-n-Sound Crash Exchange. If an insurance payout is sought and/or issued for a replacement child restraint, you will not be eligible to apply for an exchange under this program.
- All applications and supporting documentation remain the property of Britax Australia Pty Ltd.
- In the event an exchange occurs, the applicant automatically consents to allow Britax to use submitted photos and testimonials for marketing purposes.
Disclaimer: This program for crashed child restraint exchange is voluntary. This Crash Exchange Program does not involve a financial reimbursement or any offer other than a replacement of an equivalent child restraint as determined by Britax. Britax Childcare Australia/NZ reserves the right to change, alter, amend or cancel any terms & conditions or the entire program at any time for any reason at our sole discretion without prior notice or obligation.
For any further enquiries please contact our Customer Service Team on 1300 303 330.